| f | | | | 3 on Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:58:08 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] \\ BALKAN.OS | A Revolution in Consciousness

   Paper ID: \ m9ndfukc.macht.fre! \
   Title: BALKAN.OS  |  A Revolution in Consciousness
   Name: Slobodan Milosevic
   Name: Ileana Cosinzeana

Abstract:

                          BALKAN.OS  \  A Revolution in
Consciousness  (synopsis)

                                                             Oblast
je pri nas ljudska! - Josip Broz-Tito

This paper examines the short and long term implications from the
erosion of the
nation state and specifically the sovereign model under attack at the
micro and
macro level by both public and private institutions, the problems
inherent in a
supra-statist world government, and the repercussions of western
civilization's
failure to coalesce a viable global model vis a vis the intrinsically
global
ideologies of the East and Middle East.

|| Drzava

Less than four centuries after mass literacy, a rudimentary mass media,
and religious wars began imploding the world's empires into discrete
nation states
by advancing the cultural and ethnic consciousness of groups of
people, the nation
state itself is shaken by its roots, perforated from within and
without by the
transcendental forces of global trade, communication, and technology,
challenging its geopolitical sovereignty and the identity of its
citizens.

The question is not whether the abstract, imaginary concept of the
nation state
is mutating, but rather what that mutation is, and more importantly
what it can be,
what we wish it to be, and the implications thereof.

|| The fallacy of a supra-statist government

The prevailing western dynamic is the enforced march from a planet of
sovereign and authoritarian nation states, to one governed by a
global scale,
authoritarian, supra-statist world government, dominated by "1st world"
economically developed nations, with a mandate for advancing
democracy, "free
markets", "free trade", and a homogenous identity modeled on western
ideals.

The devastating repercussions of similarly authoritarian approaches
may be
noted in the forced modernization of rural Eastern European
communities during
communism, and again, during accession to the European Union.

Rather than transcend and dissolve socio-economic and cultural
borders and
instill common aspirations and sensibilities through careful
consideration of
context --  the age old traditions and customs that are integral to
the very
identity and survival of these communities -- their most cherished
practices  were
outlawed, forbidden, and sanctioned, deemed barbaric, anti-social,
and ultimately
incompatible with progress and European democracy.

Much as the idea that a nation's concerns can be addressed by a state
government
is misguided, so the idea that global concerns can be mitigated by a
supra-statist
world government is similarly flawed. It is perpetuated by the
fallacy that the law
backed by a monopoly on force alters human behaviour in a meaningful
and sustainable manner.

A supra-statist world government will not perfect our union, rather,
as the nation
state, it will extend the exploitation of the disenfranchised by the
privileged, the
subjugation of the "undeveloped" by the "developed", the marginalization
of minorities by majorities, the desacralization of life and the
human experience
for illusory and transitory "growth", the cynical transformation of
the planet into
finite capital.

A supra-statist world government will connect everyone to everyone else
symbolically, but erect new, yet more formidably conflated borders,
disappear
yet more communities and languages, cultures and customs, differences
and
peculiarities, species and orders, names and bodies.

||   We are two liquids but One substance -- A Revolution in
Consciousness

The actualization of 1+1=1 necessitates an understanding of the
meaning of +.
We must shift from the illusory pronoun "I" to the real pronouns "I's"
within the "We". We must embrace a global sensibility, awareness and
higher
order consciousness that will budge the social, cultural and ecological
dimensions of the global collective toward an appreciation of our shared
purpose and circumstances.

We must transcend the politics of division, forced assimilation and
large scale,
vertical solutions, to an emphatic horizontal flow, diversity and
communality,
reciprocal understanding and small scale creation, intrinsic of all
life.

The small scale is not the problem. It is the solution.

Rather than constrict, crush and conform the rich abundance and infinite
potential of the small scale to the rigidity, inelasticity,
finiteness and context-less
artificiality of the large scale we will extend and explode the small
scale outward,
into all scales, into all worlds, infusing them with its
effervescence and opulence.

We will grow a poly-scalar, poly-temporal, trans-territorial continuum,
navigable at all scales, intuitively and meaningfully; a world where
everything
is intimately entwined,  not for novelty's sake, but towards an
unpredictable,
yet dialogical, affective state of being.

We will do so, not to lose ourselves, but to find ourselves.

|| Deklaration

This Is. Revolution.

But a revolution without armies and without uniforms.
A revolution without rifles, nor tanks.

A revolution not for territory nor votes.
This is a revolution for ideas, for sentiments and for attitudes.

To paraphrase Che Guevara, the analyst proposes to set in motion
a bloody revolution in the patient's emotional life, but guided by
feelings of love.

It is a slow process. An imperceptibly slow process.
And a painful process, for all births are painful.

This Is a Birth.

It is spooky action at a distance. Quantum entanglement. Phylotik
kontinuum.
Commensal symbiosis and Sustainable ecstasy.

It is the small scale infusion of the large scale with a higher order
consciousness.
A consciousness so deep that it will become a predisposition.

This is the path across the solipsistic gulf;
Where when one arrives, one knows that the future,
has joined with the past to make a circle ... outside time.

This is

A Revolution in Consciousness.

-
-
-

Krvava Gruda Plodna Zemlja \ U Radu Je Spas

Life cannot legislated nor planned. It must be grown.

Eye movements play an equally active role.
My 1st gardening job was ... out of reality.

Would have been nice to know of this in advance ...
dar - 01 courteous mood requires recompilation.
like spider webs

nn - differentiated design can relieve the burden of interior
integration

                         m!kro.bl!ss
                                 |r|evolut!on|devot!on

                         dekorous grav!t+e.

                                       !zotrop!kl! -

                                              n      n

                              n      n
                                                   v3kt0r.r2!n - ztra!
ng !n 2 dze z!ngular!t!

-

Netochka Nezvanova    - karesz!ng dze vektor!szd 4th d!menz!on.
0f0003.MASCHIN3NKUNST - your giant telescopes search my heavens for
echoes of creation
@www.0f0003.com
17.hzV.tRL.478