Irina Cios on Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:24:17 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Fw: URGENT - IKG 2002 meeting August 2002, near Kassel

Subject: URGENT - IKG 2002 meeting August 2002, near Kassel

> Please pass on to those you think would be interested in
> participating, of feel free to recommend someone  There is funding
> available to invite a limited number of participants from the CEE
> region to the 2002 International Kunsltergremium conference
> scheduled to take place near Kassel Germany from August 22-25.
> Those are interested in attending should contact Georg Diezler as
> sooon as possible at: ikg@ikg-art.org.
>

> **************************************
> IKG (Internationales Kunstlergremium) Meeting 2002
> August 22-25, 2002, Germany
>
> The program will focus on:
> Creating art networks in an extended Europe
> Cooperation and Migration
> and will include a visit to the Dokumenta exhibition in Kassel
>
> Financial Support for participants from Central and Eastern Europe
> is available. Details follow.
>
> Interested participants please send as soon as possible short information
on applicant and their interest in attending the meeting to:
> ikg@ikg-art.org
>

> Internationales Kustlergremium e.V.
> Sekretariat/Office :
> IKG c/o Dr. Michael Willhardt
> Fredrich & Willhardt
> EigenstraÃYe 50
> D-47053 Duisburg (Germany )
> Tel.: +49-203-75 999 999
> Fax: +49-203-351 271
> Mail: ikg@ikg-art.org
> www.ikg-art.org
> Vorstand/Committee
> Präsident/President:
> Heinrich Brummack
> Geschäftführer/Secretary:
> Dr. Michael Willhardt / Georg Dietzler
> Deputies/Stellvertreter:
> Diana Mercedes Alonso, Markus Mussighoff
> Erweiterter Vorstand/Extended Committee:
> Silke Leverkühne, Stefan Demary, Paul Panhuysen
>

> Ready to ... 2
> Tagung vom 22. bis 25. August 2002 im Raum Kassel (Deutschland)
> Conference from 22 to 25 August, 2002 in the vicinity of Kassel (Germany)
>
> Ansprechpartner - For any correspondence please contact:
> Georg Dietzler
> Im Stavenhof 17
> 50668 Cologne/Germany
> Phone: +49 221 123 383
> GDIETZLER@AOL.COM
>
> Framework conditions for preparation/ invitations
> Concrete information will be sent per email to the selected participants
in
> advance of the conference. The key data presented here represent the
current
> state of knowledge and some details are liable to be changed. Nonetheless
> they form the organisational basis for preparing the conference. The final
> selection of participants remains the sole responsibility of the IKG
> working committee.
>

> 1
> Dates: application/ invitations
> Suggested final date for application 15th June 2002
>
> Invitations
> Binding invitations will be sent per email by 1. July at the latest.
>
> Participants:
> The invited participants will come from western, eastern and central
European
> [...]
> will be supplemented by members of the International Artists'
> committee.
>
> Financial aid
> Depending on availability of funds financial aid can be given to around 25
> participants from Eastern and Central Europe to help cover travel and
> accommodation costs. (For more details see below). A total of between 35
and
> 40 people will take part in the conference.
>
> Duties and working forms:
> Our theme will be the construction of a sustainable long-term exchange of
> information on the situation of art in Eastern and Central Europe,
especially
> in relationship to the European Community.
>
> Working forms:
> oWorkshops and discussion groups
> oExcursion and conversations (within the framework of documenta 11)
> oA final public event
>
> Participants will be expected to be able to report in a suitable form on
the
> artistic situation in their countries taking into account their own
> particular area of work (within the framework of the workshops the time
limit
> will be around 30 minutes). We would request you to bring documentation
and
> exhibition material.
>
> Theme and aims:
> Creating art network structures in an extended Europe:
> Our theme will be the construction of a sustainable long-term exchange of
> information on the situation of art in Eastern and Central Europe,
especially
> in relationship to the European Community. Particular emphasis will be
laid on
> the themes of cultural variety, ethical and philosophical values,
networking,

> 2
> cooperation and migration. Not forgetting art as a factor which bestows
> identity and as an innovatory, social and economic driving force.
> In this respect, especially in Eastern and Central Europe, there are
> particular demands on artists and artistic institutions to look for
> strategies for financial help and survival. We have consciously chosen the
> context of documenta 11 in Kassel because its theme offers many ideas for
> discussion.
>
> Conference language:
> There are no facilities for translation.
> The conference language is English.
> It is a precondition for participants at the conference that they have an
> adequate knowledge of English.
>
> Expenses:
> The following expenses can be met for invited participants from Eastern
and
> Central Europe:
>
> Travelling expenses:
> 0,075 Euro per km from and to domicile (shortest distance from domicile.
> Proof of domicile: passport/ identity card) to a maximum amount of 375
Euro.
> In order to qualify for travelling expenses participants must be present
at
> the entire conference.
>
> Accommodation/ meals:
> Accommodation in single and double rooms. Full board (not including
alcoholic
> drinks).
>
> Other expenses:
> Transport and admission to documenta 11
>
> Publication of the results:
> Depending on the amount of financial resources available the results of
the
> conference will be published on the internet.
>
> Time schedule:
> Wednesday 21. August        Arrival
>
> Thursday 22. August
> o9.00-13.00 Workshop 1
> o14.00- 18.00 Workshop 2
> o20.00- open end: Evening get-together
>

> 3
> Friday 23. August
> 10.00 - 20.00 Visit to the documenta;
> conversations with exhibition, organisers, artistsâ?¦
>
> Saturday 24. August
> 10.00-13.00 Workshop 3
> 14.00-18.00 Final event (open to the public)
> Evening:
> Final event for participants and guests
>
> Sunday 25. August       Departure
>
> Project heads
> Project director: Georg Dietzler
> Project management: Michael Willhardt
> In cooperation with a working party from the International Artists
Committee.
> Ready to ... 2  is made possible through funds from the European
Commission.
> A cooperative event hosted by the Center of Contemporary Arts Prague and
IKG.
----

> -----------------------------------
>
> Rahmenbedingungen zur Vorbereitung/ Einladung
> Konkrete Informationen werden den ausgewählten Teilnehmern rechtzeitig
vor
> der Tagung geschickt (per Email). Die hier vorgestellten Eckdaten
> repräsentieren den heutigen Stand des Wissens und können sich im Detail
> ändern. Sie dienen im wesentlichen der organisatorischen Vorbereitung.
Die
> endgültige Auswahl der Teilnehmer bleibt dem vorbereitenden Arbeits-kreis
des
> IKG vorbehalten.
>
> Termine Anmeldung/ Einladung
> Anmelde- bzw. VorschlagsschluÃY 15. Juni 2002
>
> Einladung
> Die verbindlichen Einladungen werden bis spätestens 1. Juli mitgeteilt
(per
> Email).
>
> Teilnehmerkreis:
> Die eingeladenen Teilnehmer kommen aus west-, ost- und
zentraleuropäischen
> Ländern, sind Multiplikatoren, Mitarbeiter von Institutionen,
Hochschulen,
> Verbänden, Kulturreferenten von Kulturinstituten und Botschaften, aber
auch
> Künstler.
> Mindestens 3 Ost- und Zentraleuropäische Länder sind vertreten.
> Dazu kommen Mitglieder des Internationalen Künstlergremiums. Für etwa 25
> Teilnehmer aus Ost- und Mitteleuropa können Zuschüsse zu den Reisekosten
und
> Spesen (vorbehaltlich der Mittelbewilligung) gegeben werden (Rahmen siehe
> unten). Insgesamt werden zwischen 35 und 40 Teilnehmer an der Tagung
> teilnehmen.
> 4
> Aufgaben und Arbeitsweise:
> Thematisiert wird der Aufbau eines zukunftsfähigen
Informationsaustausches
> über die Situation der Künste in Ost- und Zentraleuropa besonders in
Bezug
> zur Europäischen Gemeinschaft.
>
> Arbeitsformen:
> oWorkshop und Diskussion
> oExkursion und Gespräche (im Rahmen der documenta 11)
> oÃ-ffentliche SchluÃYveranstaltung
>
> Von den Teilnehmern wird erwartet, dass Sie in geeigneter Form über die
> Situation der Kunst in Ihrem Land unter Berücksichtigung der eigenen
> Tätigkeit berichten können (im Rahmen der workshops in einem zeitlichen
> Rahmen von ca. 30 Minuten).
> Dokumentations- und Ausstellungsmaterial ist erwünscht.
>
> Thema und Ziele:
> Schaffung von Netzwerkstrukturen Kunst in einem erweiterten Europa:
> Thematisiert wird der Aufbau eines zukunftsfähigen
Informationsaustausches
> über die Situation der Künste in Ost- und Zentraleuropa besonders in
Bezug
> zur Europäischen Gemeinschaft. Im speziellen werden kulturelle Vielfalt,
> ethische und geistige Werte, Vernetzung, Kooperationen und Migration
> Schwerpunktthemen sein. Nicht zu vergessen die Künste als
identitätsgebende,
> innovative, treibende Kraft in Gesellschaft und Wirtschaft. Dabei sind
> besonders in Ost- und Zentraleuropa Künstler & kulturelle Einrichtungen
> gefordert bei der Suche nach Finanzierungs- und Ãoberlebensstrategien. Der
> Kontext der documenta 11 in Kassel wird bewusst gesucht, weil ihr Thema
> wichtige Anregungen zur Diskussion bietet.
>
> Arbeitssprache:
> Möglichkeiten der Ãobersetzung stehen nicht zur Verfügung.
> Die Arbeitssprache ist Englisch. Voraussetzung zur Teilnahme an der Tagung
> sind ausreichende Englischkenntnisse.
>
> Leistungen:
> Für die eingeladenen Teilnehmer aus Ost- und Mitteleuropa werden folgende
> Kosten übernommen:
>
> Reisekosten:
> 0,075 Euro je km vom/ zum Wohnort (kürzester Weg vom Wohnort. Nachweis
PaÃY/
> Ausweis) maximal jedoch 375 Euro. Voraussetzung zur Erstattung der
> Reisekosten ist die Teilnahme an der gesamten Tagung.
>

> 5
> Ãobernachtung/ Verpflegung:
> Unterbringung in Einzel- und Doppelzimmern. Vollpension (ohne alkoholische
> Getränke).
>
> Sonstige Leistungen:
> Transfer und Eintrittsgelder documenta11
>
> Veröffentlichung der Ergebnisse:
> Die Ergebnisse der Tagung werden in Abhängigkeit von den verfügbaren
> Ressourcen im Internet veröffentlicht.
>

> Zeitplan:
> Mittwoch 21.August  Anreise
>
> Donnerstag 22.August
> o9.00-13.00 Workshop 1
> o14.00-18.00 Workshop 2
> o20.00-open end:
> Abendveranstaltung zum kennenlernen
>
> Freitag 23.August
> 10.00 - 20.00 Besuch der documenta;
> Gespräche mit Ausstellungsmachern, Künstlern ...
>
> Samstag 24. August
> 10.00-13.00 Uhr Workshop 3
> 14.00-18.00 Uhr SchluÃYveranstaltung (öffentlich)
> Abend:
> AbschluÃYveranstaltung für die Teilnehmer und Gäste
>
> Sonntag 25. August          Abreise
>
> Projektleitung: Georg Dietzler
> Projektmanagement:Michael Willhardt
> In Zusammenarbeit mit einer Arbeitsgruppe des Internationalen
> Künstlergremiums.
>
> Ready to ...2 eine gemeinsame Veranstaltung des Center for Contemporary
Arts,