announcer on Fri, 17 Apr 1998 19:51:53 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> announcer 030c

NETTIME'S WEEKLY ANNOUNCER - every friday into your inbox
calls-symposia-websites-campaigns-books-lectures-meetings
send your PR to sandra.fauconnier@rug.ac.be in time!
0.......1........2........3........4........5........6

1...geuzen@xs4all.nl......Alexander Kluge
2...Marie Ringler.........information terror
3...Melentie Pandilovski..SEAFair '98/Call for Contributions
4...micz flor.............Black Womens Guide to Europe - help needed
5...Tapio Makela..........Polar info

........1..............................................

From: geuzen@xs4all.nl
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:51:31 +0000
To: Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Alexander Kluge
Sender: geert@xs4all.nl

As a part of De Geuzen’s series on the mediated image, Klaas Hoek will
be presenting two television works by Alexander Kluge.  Following the
screening of each program there will be a discussion among a selection
of panellists and the audience.  The aim is to raise particular issues
in relation to Kluge’s work and the medium itself.  Some of the
questions to be considered are :  What are the basic constraints and
benefits of making works for television in general?  What does it mean
to enter into the corporate/capitalist business of T.V.?  What is at the
root of trying to “reach the masses” and is that Kluge’s goal?  What is
the impact on the voice of the author once the work has been placed in
this specific context?

The evening will be recorded and used as the starting point for a video
interview to be held with Kluge in Munich at a later date.

Panellists:

David Garcia: artist and media critic
Klaas Hoek : visual artist
Jan Ritsema: theatre maker