Vuk Cosic on Fri, 1 Nov 96 16:20 MET

Re: nettime: net.weight launch

hello,

> I looked at your site, and didnt find a way to contribute to it, or add
> any footnotes,, is this to be done by the editors of the mag still, or
> will you have a script running to take care of the WEBuser contributions..
the idea is to run it through moderation, somehow the intention is
not so much to just explore the wideness of the net, but to focus on
meaningfull critique of the given text,  using the media
possibilities at the same time. This sound contradictory enough
doesn't it?

> http://kadewe.artcom.de/Videoweb/transconference/Welcome.html
I just had, and to me this seems like a great piece of work. It needs
some updating, obviousely, but in essence it is a far more advanced
techno-job then this net.weight. The difference is in this
far-reaching concept that I do not seem to be having in my little
project. Of course, it is on hmbleness and private optics that I am
building the network of trust that is for me the only possible glue
to keep collective creative teams together, or any kind of teams if
you wish.  Nettime seems like a good example.

> If you are interested in using the scripts, I will be most happy to help
> you do so, after all, it has been quite a lot of work and it is pity that
> we didn't get to use them as much as we could,,
> as far as I remember it has been possible to link your text- comments to the text, as well as to add
> images and videofiles to your comment.
> What we didn't work out was a automated index of all the contributions, since
> we didnt went public to much, we never got a problem with this.
> The Layout of course is easily changable.
I am actualy just surfing (ha? what a word, still no better one) it,
and it is early to say.
Aha, the submiting of texts is clear to me now, it is well done too.
I have to see how many people will react to the invitation, and to
the given text....

Hey, thank you Julila for the link here, it will be of great help as
historical reference,
did you think of contributing to net.weight?

http://lois.kud-fp.si/~vuk
> Julia Lazarus
Vuk Cosic
> jux@cs.tu-berlin.de