José María Mateos on Mon, 4 Nov 2019 02:09:24 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 11:29:27PM +0100, olivier auber wrote:
I'm still on FB to increase #MyFacebookInvoice
Olivier Auber

BTW, I wonder why this campaign got quite a big success in european media
but not a word in US ones...
http://perspective-numerique.net/PDF/MyFacebookInvoice-Press_Release-20180129.pdf

This looks like the "Internet money" that was central to a South Park episode: https://southpark.cc.com/clips/165195/meet-the-internet-stars

I think we have more than enough awareness. We can't have more awareness. Everybody knows what's Facebook, its limitations and what it's terrible at. But that's one thing, and another is making that important to every user (or most users).

Cheers,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org/