Frederic Neyrat on Sun, 3 Nov 2019 22:13:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook

Thanks Alan! But I've a question, I try to formulate it... Let's say:

1/ FB enables to create a "community," that's good for sure;
2/ but in the same time, it destroys the condition of the possibility of community/togetherness/Gemeinwesen/être-ensemble, etc. For instance, in making possible the election of people whose main goal is to destroy any community/being-in-common (note that I do not consider being quantified and recombined by algorithms a good way to generate some being-in-common).

So, in the end, I understand that something would be lost by leaving FB - hence my first question! - but would it be possible to say that the loss is even more important while not quitting FB?

My best,

FN