MICHAEL ARNOLD-MAGES on Sun, 15 Jul 2001 05:48:16 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Have we not learned anything from the 90s?

Television was initially thought to be an agent of (what I would call positive)
social change by bringing high-quality, culturally aware programming to the
masses.

Now we have WWF, MTV, and The World's Wildest Police Chases.

The marketplace is the last place we should look for great ideas or thoughtful
content (Britney, Puffy, j-Lo).

Why do you sound so surprised that the Internet has been polluted in the same
fashion by the likes of Microsoft, Time Warner AOL, etc... ?

--
Michael Arnold Mages