Mail Delivery Subsystem on Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:52:43 +0100

Returned mail: User unknown

The original message was received at Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:01:52 +0200 (CEST)
from opennet.opennet.org [194.247.201.2]

<dejan@csu.opennet.org>

... while talking to csu.opennet.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<dejan@csu.opennet.org>
<<< 550 <dejan@csu.opennet.org>... User unknown
550 <dejan@csu.opennet.org>... User unknown
Reporting-MTA: dns; mx.opennet.org
Received-From-MTA: DNS; opennet.opennet.org
Arrival-Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:01:52 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; dejan@csu.opennet.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; csu.opennet.org
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 <dejan@csu.opennet.org>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:01:53 +0200 (CEST)
--- Begin Message ---
Dear all,

>> i feel it might be necessary to ask what such a meeting can be there for,
>> and whether we should hold it at all. i have no opinion about this at the
>> moment, but the context is so significantly changed since we first decided
>> to go to belgrade that i want to take up an argument which zvonimir
raised,
>> that we may have to be much more careful, and much more considerate
than we
>> have been so far.
> Syndicate didn't exist when most of the previous balkans niceities
> were happening, and I am sure that most deffinitively every single
> subscriber/community member would have been equally active.
> Nevertheless, this intensity of (fully justified) care for friends should
> never be isolated from a sligtly broader context, and any real
> collective action that would not be directed strictly toward helping
> individuals is a massively tricky business.
> In my opinion, any attempt to use syndicate user base as
> preassure group in political communication with whomever in
> europe or yu would be wrong, simply because we are not about
> politics, but about humans and sometimes about their new media
> thoughts or work.

Yes, Im sharing Vuk's statement regarding the *possible impact*
of the list from *possible* list members in the *pre list times*,
doubtlessly there was number of people around bbs-es and later
za_mir.net, from all sides, well not syndicalists then but with
an very best attitude of *real* syndicalists in some way...
Also as Vuk's observes *massively tricky business* I would like to
re:raise issue of list members as cultural workers in the broadest
sense of the word, also different in backgrounds, origins, and
angles as Andreas says, are great benefit, take that as strenght
and beauty of this community. We are IMHO group of individuals with
common sense for universal human values at bottom line, and then artists,
nerds, activist whatever, we can (and we should) try to form kind of
consenzus regarding the critical issues nowadays and in the perspective,
but I hardly can see that we are be able to play (efficiently) in the
*traditional* political manner, as an individual my perception of group
is pretty fractal like, we are acting constantly in our everyday
life/domains, ability to transform community/subscribers in efficient
political machine whatever can be seems unlikely, well maybe im wrong,
and/or just not enough experienced in lobbing/pressure power games.

>> each of us will have to contribute to this discussion, because we all come
>> to this from different angles and may see different pro's and con's to
>> this. whatever we say now may also, by the middle of april, have been
>> overtaken by new circumstances, and that may be a reason for waiting until
>> the last moment with a final decision. nevertheless I think it is important
>> to keep on planning and making contingency plans, so that we have as many
>> options as possible at the time that we want to act.

We should discuss possible ways and figure out WHAT WE CAN REALY DO in
this taf and unpleasant situation, at the moment situation is very bad,
i may say that can be even worst, but also i hope that should be better
someday, however im not sure (knowing Miloshevich's dirty way of playing
very well, from past twelve years) that anything good will happen very
soon, i'll be very happy that im wrong here...Of course we monitoring
developments in the region and if situation will significantly change
soon we can act in that way, concerning the plans for Syndicate BG meeting.

> The only SPECTACLE/FESTIVAL/CONF/EVENT way for Syndicate
> o help our subscribers and anybody else in kosovo and serbia is
> the one that exists from the day one of lists existance --> I suggest
> some kind of display of actual contents coming from eastern
> territories with underlined inclusion of creative people from yu. By
> showing that work by yu people makes an important part in the
> overall cultural context - and that it is being accepted and wanted
> by us others -  Syndicate will send the only message it can
> possibly send without radically changing.
> Collective political acts such as petitions and simillar could hardly
> manufacture consent within the list, and might bring changes in the
> user base.

Yep, Vuk babe (you really get me) changes of profile of user base is
risky and serious question, if we are *migrating* more in political
direction in the order to perform some particular actions can be tricky
to keep current profile (at least thare is three years of good work,
and im not in favor of gambling with it, i think that all of us will
agree on this), we can use kind of sublist as mir (syndicate/mir) and
keep big list in the shape.

zvonimir

--- End Message ---