cvijeta jaksic on Thu, 2 Jan 1997 20:30:16 +0100 (MET)

media in media, an exhibition

Hello,
Soros Center for Contemporary Arts-Ljubljana is organizing an exhibition.
I will now compile some basic information specialy for the magnificient
audience of V2_East Syndicate. I love you.

Vuk
(obviously using my mothers computer - she is so kind, my mother)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

     MEDIA IN MEDIA

     For some decades, criticism of the media has not been merely the domain
of theoretical discourse, but also of
artistic practice. Regarding the historic development and multiplicity of
these media themselves, this practice shows itself
in various forms: television or the Internet are the subject of artist's
thoughts which can materialise as an installation, or
a photograph, by mediation, in the mass media itself; the "mainstream" film
can become the content of a video, or an
experimental film; etc.
     Media in Media is an exhibition project which will present artistic
concepts focusing on mass media, their
function, psycho-social and ideological effects, and aesthetic qualities.
The selection of exhibited works was not confined
by formal characteristics, but was intended to represent different artistic
media: video, ambient installation, photography,
avant-garde (experimental) film and the Internet. The exhibition is not a
revue, but highlights the particular historic
positions of established artists, and the current positions of younger artists.

     Vanesa Cvahte

(The exhibition project Media in Media conceived by Vanesa Cvahte has been
selected by the SCCA Board out of all the proposals received as a response
to the public announcement issued in February 1996.)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PARTICIPANTS:
Exhibition:
Dara Birnbaum, Dragomil Bole, Michael Brodsky, Rosa Brueckl & Gregor
Schmoll, Veronika Dreier, Marina Grzinic & Aina ?mid, Thomas Korschil, Marko
Kovacic, Damijan Kracina, Dalibor Martinis, Hans-Jorg Mayer Peter Weibel.
Internet:
Vuk Cosic, Peter G. Hoffman.
TV:
Irwin, Marko Peljhan.

LOCATIONS:
Exhibition:
Municipal Gallery Ljubljana, January 9 - 30, 1997
Avant-garde films: Slovene Cinematheque, 1st screening  Friday, January 10
at 8 p.m.; 2nd screening  Thursday, January 30 at 6 p.m.
Internet projects:
http://www.ljudmila.org/scca/mvm/netbettler/
http://www.ljudmila.org/scca/mvm/~/
Television spots: Radio Television Slovenia, emission Toktok and Made in
Slovenia.

CATALOGUE:
Introductory texts by:
Lilijana Stepancic, Vanesa Cvahte, Melita Zajc, Thomas Korschil

The whole catalogue is also available at:
http://www.ljudmila.org/scca/mvm/