Claudia Westermann on Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:25:45 +0200

Re: Syndicate: mail filter "how-tos" and writing software (was RE: administration)

Hello maybe some more people can add something:

At 00:35 17.08.01 -0700, you wrote:
>if you are using eudora, netscape mail, or outlook express, you should be
>able to find a link to filtering directions for your mailer on one more
>more of the above sites.

TOOLS ----> FILTERS --------> it is quite comprehensible and the help menu
is not so bad either

in the ACTION-FIELD you also have the possibility:

SERVER OPTIONS -----> DELETE or FETCH

so if you choose delete Eudora will only "read" the headers and then delete
the message without fetching the message completely.

http://eudora.interweb.be/index.html
eFilter 2.6  ADD-IN
is supposed to do server side filtering.. ..actually I have not tried it...
and I am not so sure, what it is doing

Claudia