Nina Czegledy on Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:40:21 +0100

Syndicate: what happend?

Hello All,
i wish i could be eloquent and prompt with my
words like Sally or Eric, short of this i would like
to contribute a few words to the discussion.

As it has been said before the Syndicate
represents different things for different
people, I am writing about my own Syndicate
experience.

For me, ever since that first meeting in
Rotterdam i felt a sense of belonging to a
networked community. Of course  i have been
aware that the group consists of many
with diverse opinions and this became evident
lately when regardless of my democratic feelings
I had difficulties  to deal (in a hectic nomadic life)
 with the multitude of postings.

Re the personal value of the Syndicate
list: over the years  I noted that while
in the beginning the Newsletters offered
info on events and opportunities mostly
for the "Easterners"  - lately the situation
changed and became much more balanced.
A few days ago the acoustic space workshop
ended with a successful streaming event and
while most of us worked out of Latvia
i have not noticed any east/west
divergence in the group. As a matter of fact
I was reflecting how Ryszard Kluszczynski's wish
expressed a few years ago,( that instead
of being considered Westerners and
Easterners the division would melt )
might be slowly coming true.

In addition to be updated on various