Eric Kluitenberg on Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:31:28 +0200

Re: Syndicate: future

At 09:22 +0200 16-08-2001, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:
>folks,

>for those of you who are not happy about this: there is an initiative for a
>new, redefined list that will be established hopefully within the next few
>days.

hopefully, because I would really like to get rid of this ascii crap - a
structure with a syndicate_raw and a filtered one sounds like a great idea,
and I would be happy to be part of the filtered one...

Maybe it is an idea to inform those 5 1/2 year subscribers personally about
the new list once it is there - would be a shame to loose some really
important contacts over this autistic nonsense. My guess will be that
something similar will happen to the syndicate_raw version as to
nettime_bold - nettime filtered having over 1500 subscribers, nettime_bold
having 7 - yes 7 it is that rtidiculous. This is what we are really talking
about seven people who block the rest of a list for over half a year - that
is how long it took on nettime to give these stray sould there own little
playground.

But if that is what it takes - fine with me!

greetings,
eric