][mez][ on Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:33:00 +1000

Re: Syndicate: NN, Syndicate & TV TALK SHOWS

At 10:47 AM 16/08/01 +0200, lorenzo wrote:

>Dear Syndicate/s
The fact that some people in the list find meaningful and worth supporting
NN it is difficult to believe.
The most obvious analisys of its acting shows clearly the nature of its
presence.
And its presence means= trendy/smart/chic/teen/consumist tactic to design
>(certainly not "sculpt") its own "commercial visibility".

i completely disagree here, lorenzo. i think u are unsuccessfully trying 2
categorize integer/NN in terms of labels that r non-applicable [2
understate it] & r n.deed highly n.appropriate [& nauseatingly
predictable]. NN's methods r not trendy, if they were ppl would be adopting
them rather than trying to censor them.

>The NN  controversy shows, i believe, two things:
1- It shows that its tactic is succesfully turning a netlist into a TV TALK
SHOW.
2- It shows that its unbelievable "credibility" comes from a culture that
is still lingering  to the early Net Game: misterious identities, gender
>switching, plagiarism etc...

yr points, i believe, show 2 things:
1- that yr understanding of the dynamics & operating theories regarding
networked culture & synergy is misguided & steeped in the regurgitation of
highly n.appropriate traditional me][a][taphors N mediums.
2- yr inability 2 analyse the phenomenon of integer/NN beyond typifiers
such as  "misterious identities, gender switching, plagiarism" shows a
profound lack of understanding &/or insight.

>We have seen many (so many!!) of those Net anarchists turn in very short
time >in very succesful businessmen.

please, name 3.

>NN belongs to this harmful quality of persons.

i disagree, again, and cannot believe i have let myself be drawn into such
a pathetic discussion.

path][ological][et][h][ic,
mez

  	net.wurker][M.ollient][