Amy Alexander on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 18:59:16 GMT

Re: Syndicate: A "bouqu3t"

Steev wrote:

> If anyone is interested, the source code for the
> cgi i posted yesterday is here:
>
> http://datamassage.com/sw/opencode/hackspeak.cgi

just read the source code - reading it is  really an amusing
deconstruction of integerese. anyone who can read perl might want to take
a read just for kicks - and those who don't read perl could probably get a lot
of it from the comments anyway.

> Perhaps someone will be interested in the project Amy
> suggested: reversing the functionality for use as a mail
> filter, auto-translating NN missives.  Although as I said to
> Amy, it's much harder to run the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
> backwards. (If you do succeed at this, please send me a
> patch!)

now that i see the code i see your point, but i think it could come
fairly close. most of the one-to-one substitutions (regular expressions)
can just be reversed, and randomly-inserted words like "kap!tal!szt"
could just be translated directly back to their antecedents ("capitalist").
things like the random removal of vowels would of course be a bear to reverse,
but, oh well....

i think it's more entertaining the way you have it anyway...

-@

--
plagiarist.org
Recontextualizing script-kiddyism as net-art for over 1/20 of a century.