stefan rusu on Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:40:50 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Artwall Gallery 2011_Call for Entries

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zuzana Stefkova <z.stefkova@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM
To: stefan rusu <suhebator@gmail.com>

Artwall Gallery
2011
Call for Entries

c2c Circle of curators and critics announces a call for entries for
the re-opened gallery Artwall. The opening project will be realised in
October â November 2011. In the year  2012 we plan to exhibit five new
projects. The entries for the year 2011 will be automatically included
in the call for the year 2012.

History of the Artwall Gallery
Since 2005, the Artwall Gallery has occupied an outstanding outdoor
space consisting of eight large stone frames within the wall
supporting the Letna Hill on the Embankment of kpt. Jarose and Edvarda
Benese in the downtown area of Prague. In May 2008, the Prague
Municipality decided to terminate the leasing contract on the pretext
of the âCollective Identityâ exhibition by a Czech art group Guma Guar
(see www.artwall.cz), thus practically liquidating the Artwall
Gallery. After the changes at the Municipality of the City of Prague,
the gallery will reopen with the support of the Lord Mayor Bohuslav
Svoboda.

Theme
There is no given theme to the call, however the projects should
reflect the site-specific character of the exhibition space that
guarantees an efficient and rather authoritative contact with the
public. We solicit projects that critically reflect on the current
society and comunicate the message to a wide audience.

Technical parameters of the project
The proposal should comprise of seven vertical images (the eighth
frame will contain the title of the exhibition) providing sufficient
information about the visual appearance of the project. The selected
projects will be printed out as large scale digital prints on foil
(each approx. 400 x 210 cm). We can send you the exact size of the
individual frames, on request.
Please, send the proposal together with a concise written description
of its concept to z.stefkova@gmail.com, petr@podebal.cz,
marketa.dolejsova@gmail.com as jpg or pdf. The deadline is on the 30th
of September 2011.

We are looking forward to your proposals.
On behalf of the Artwall team

--
Zuzana Stefkova

Tel: +420 731 512 512