mihaela miron on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:09:32 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Fwd: MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy (Berlin and Dubrovnik, from October 11th, 2011)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy <info@culturaldiplomacy.de>
Date: Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Subject: MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy (Berlin and
Dubrovnik, from October 11th, 2011)
To: elamiron@gmail.com

Dear Sir/Madam,
 ****

On behalf of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, I am writing to bring to
your attention our new Masters Program in Cultural Diplomacy and
International Relations. We are currently accepting applications for
enrollments to the Fall Semester 2011 in Berlin, and would be grateful if
you could share this announcement by forwarding the information below to
anyone you think may be interested in applying.****

** **

*MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy*****

*The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, in Cooperation with Dubrovnik
International University*****

(Berlin and Dubrovnik, October 11th, 2011) ****

(www.icd-academy.org); Application
Form><http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?en_ma_admissions>
****

  ****

On behalf of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy I would like to thank you
in advance for your help in this matter. If you have any further questions
regarding the MA program or our institution, please do not hesitate to
contact us at: info@culturaldiplomacy.org**

** **

With warm regards and gratitude,****

 ****

*Mark Donfried*****

*Director & Founder*****

*Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD)*****

Ku´damm Karree (3rd Floor/Hochhaus)****

Kurfürstendamm 207-8 Berlin, Germany-10719****

Phone: 00.49.(0)30.2360-7680****

Fax: 00.49.(0)30.2360-76811****

www.culturaldiplomacy.org****

------------ *Please forward the announcement found below* --------*Thank
you* --------------****

 ****

 ****

*MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy*****

*The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Cooperation with Dubrovnik
International University*****

(Berlin and Dubrovnik, October 11th, 2011) ****

(www.icd-academy.org) Application
Form><http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?en_ma_admissions>
****

 ****

The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy and Dubrovnik International University
(DIU) are pleased to announce the graduate Master of Arts program in
International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy. Offered by DIU in
partnership with the ICD, the program will combine the traditional academic
components of international relations with a new focus on the role of soft
power and cultural diplomacy in contemporary global affairs.****

** **

*The Degree*

While the study of political science has been a cherished tradition of
academia, the developments outlined above demand the identification of
entirely new theories and models. An understanding of the challenges faced
by the contemporary world requires an interdisciplinary approach;
International Relations and Diplomacy should not be understood only as
disciplines of Political Science or Political Theory, but also be
interpreted from the perspective of art and culture, economics, law, and
other social sciences.****

** **

Further information about the program curriculum is found under:
http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/content/articles/maincd/MA_Cultural_Diplomacy_Curriculum.pdf
****

** **

*Admissions

*

DIU and the ICD do not consider any one element of an application
exclusively. Rather, our admissions panel considers academic achievement as
well as personal qualities such as strength of character, motivation and the
ability and willingness to take on new academic challenges. Additional
factors, such as essays, letters of recommendation, and interviews are also
a vital part of the admissions process. Our aim is to attract students from
a variety of backgrounds and countries that will foster a unique and diverse
learning environment.****

** **

Further information is found under:  ****

http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?en_ma_admissions****

 ****

For further information please contact us under
academy@culturaldiplomacy.org****

* *****

**********

*The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy*****

www.culturaldiplomacy.org****

** **

The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy is an international, not-for-profit,
non-governmental organization with headquarters in Berlin, Germany. The goal
of the ICD is to promote global peace and stability by strengthening and
supporting intercultural relations at all levels. Over the past decade the
ICD has grown to become one of Europe’s largest independent cultural
exchange organizations, hosting programs that facilitate interaction among
individuals of all cultural, academic, and professional backgrounds, from
across the world.****

* *****

Please address any additional queries to *academy@culturaldiplomacy.org* ***
*

 ****

With warm regards and gratitude,****

 ****

*Mark Donfried*****

*Director & Founder*****

* *****

*Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD)*****

Ku´damm Karree (3rd Floor/Hochhaus)****

Kurfürstendamm 207-8 Berlin, Germany-10719****

Phone: 00.49.(0)30.2360-7680****

Fax: 00.49.(0)30.2360-76811****

www.culturaldiplomacy.org****

info@culturaldiplomacy.org ****

 ****

*Join the ICD’s global network on** Facebook – **click here **
Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field by following the
ICD on** Twitter – **click here **
**Become a member of the ICD and help create a strong Cultural Diplomacy
community** – **click here*****

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended only**
**

for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this**
**

e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent
responsible                              ****

for routing it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any**
**

review, dissemination, copying or forwarding of this e-mail is strictly****

prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to the**
**

sender of such and delete the e-mail in its entirety. Thank you.****

 ****

** **