Dorothea Fleiss on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] 4th DFEWA SYMPOSIA MALLNITZ AUSTRIA 2010

d. fleiss & east-west artists e. V.
PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT
Symposia:
4Th International DFEWA Symposium of Modern ArtMALLNITZ
Participants:
Austria: Christine KERTZ, Linhong ZHAO ( Austria/ China) ÂChina: CAO TAO
Estonia: Toomas ALTNURME, Ausra PETROSKIENE Italy: Marion LEONE, Antonella
PROTA GIURLEOÂ Macedonia:Â Nikola SMILKOV Marocco: Wafaa MEZOURÂÂ Montenegro:
Vahida NIMANBEGUPoland: Bartosz FRACZEK, Wlodzimierz KARANKIEWICZ, ÂRomania:
Diana BRAIESCU, Adrian GOLBAN, GYÃRY Csaba, Edward HERCZEG, Cristina ISTRATE,
GYÃNGYI KÃROLY-ZÃLD, Titi NEACSU, Serban ROSCA, Andrea SAMPALEANU, Eva TOLAN,
Vasile TOLAN, Mirela TRAISTARU, Adrian VERTICÂÂ Serbia: RuÅica BraliÄ , Vincze
JUHASZ, Borko PetroviÄ, STOJSIC Nebojsa, Marko VUKSHA, Tamara NEDELJKOVIC
ÂSpain: Giuseppe STRANO SPITUÂÂ Thailand: Kitti MALEEPHAN ÂÂTurchia: Ãzlem
KALKAN ERENUS, Gulay ALPAY ( Canada Turchia) UK: Zsuzsanna ARDàUngary: Miklos
KLOTZ, RAINER MÃtà USA: Camelia DEZNAN
Place: Mallnitz - Austria
DFEWA Residence: Hotel KÃrntnerhof http://www.kaerntnerhof-mallnitz.at/
Opening: 3rd October 2010 â at 8.oo PM
During:03 â 17 October 2010
Curator: Dorothea Fleiss Director DFEWA Germany, Elisabeth Koch, Germany
Exhibition: the sculptures will by installed at the âDFEWA Dream- landscapeâ
Sculpture park at Mallnitz Austria and at the National Park Oberntauern; the
paintings at the ARTOUR Gallery Mallnitz, at NAHVISION Institute for
International Culture Exchange Stuttgart, Germany 2011 and at the ART MUSEUM
Ankara , Turkey.

Dorothea Fleiss and several western and eastern artists founded the Non Profit
Association âd. fleiss & east-west artists e. V." for professional artists, in
January 1998.

The purpose of ourÂassociation is toÂestablish a working basis for the
cooperation between artists from eastern and western countries.
Our aim is to encourage and to improve the cultural and the artistic exchange
between outstanding artists originating from different historical backgrounds,
defined by eastern and western countries, respectively.

A great impact to achieve this aim is granted by artists from all around the
world being in close contact to each other and to our association.

With the participation of western and eastern artists in symposia and group
exhibitions held in the East or in the WestÂ(between 2000 and 2010 in Germany,
China, Romania, Hungary, Serbia, France, Turkey) these artists will contribute
to create a broader understanding of the contemporary arts in the respective
part of the world. In the past 10 year more than 900 artists, writers, musician,
art historian taking part in our projects in Germany, Romania, Serbia, France
and China.
In this year is the 4th âd. fleiss & east west artistsâ Symposia of Modern Art
Residency Hotel KÃrtnerhof Mallnitz AUSTRIA, curetting by Dorothea Fleiss and
Elisabeth Koch. More than 40 artists representing 16th countries from all-round
of the world will participate (Painters, Photographers, Sculptors, and Musicians
etc.).
At the DFEWA RESIDENCY MALLNITZ HOTEL KÃRTNERHOF we have more than 250m working
space, where we have the possibility to work together and hold meeting-
discourses about the âcurrents in the Arts todayâ. In this year it will by a
great opportunity for all participants to creating and prepare together a big
Performance & Installation âVENICE 1920- at the time of our visit at the
Architecture Biennale in Venice- 2010.

Dorothea Fleiss
Curator
http://dfewa-mallnitz-austria.blogspot.com