stefan rusu on Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:51:27 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] Fwd: Fw: the criminal case against Uzbek photographer Umida Ahmedova

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: yuliya sorokina <yula.sorokina65@mail.ru>
Date: 2009/12/21
Subject: Fw: the criminal case against Uzbek photographer Umida Ahmedova

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I am writing you on behalf of Central Asian art-community within the
criminal case against one of the most well-known Uzbek photographers, Umida
Ahmedova .  You can download and see her photos here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/321610498/________________________________________.rar.html

> Central Asian art-community is organizing the strategy for  supporting
Umida Ahmedova as following:
> 1.    We wrote an Open Appeal to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic
of Uzbekistan, Ministry of Interior, Republic of Uzbekistan, and
International Organizations involved with Human Rights Protection. On the
moment we collect a sign-list.
http://www.ferghana..ru/
> 3.    We are going to send the copy of signed Open Appeal to the Ministry
of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Uzbekistan (as well as its departments
abroad), Ministry of Interior, Republic of Uzbekistan, and International
Organizations involved with Human Rights Protection.

> According to these steps I ask your personal support in signing an Open
Appeal!
> If you agree to sign it, please, send me your confirmation and following
sign-information:
>  Name/ Position/ basic city and country of citizenship/ if you have any
special/official dignities, it'll be quite helpful (sorry for this request)

> Umida Ahmedova is the wife of the former Director of the Tashkent Cinema
Museum - Oleg Karpov, who was repressed earlier. She and her daughter 12
years old are pushing by Uzbek Law structures now.
> We are also looking for the lawyer for Umida, as Uzbek lawyers are afraid
to help her. If you have any advices within this issue, please, let us know.