Vlad Nanca on Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:35:15 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] fwd: recycle

Date:Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:45:57 +0200From:"mihnea mircan" <mihnea@mnac.ro>Subject:recycle

3rd international RestCycling Art Festival

june 12th and 13th 2004 in Berlin

call for artists

Dear artists,

The 3rd international RestCycling Art (RCA) Festival will be held on june 12th and 13th 2004 in Berlin. This year we have agreed to set a particular theme to the festival, which should serve as focal point of the creative production.

Around 50 international artists will be working in disciplines including painting, sculpture, installation, design, fashion, etc., in an open studio set up, and publicly demonstrate their creation of art, craft, and fashion objects using materials from society’s trash.

The theme to this year's festival will be "100% cre-ACTIVE" , which can entail associations to a consumerist  lifestyle , a creative and constructive way of dealing with given factors and circumstances, and an active approach in our thinking and doing, by consciously resisting society's tendency toward convenience.

The festival organization will provide materials for the artists' work in their live ateliers.

We are also looking for video artists whose work is concerned with the environment, recycling, garbage, the consumer society and nature. We would like to present these videos throughout the event.

The festival‘s goal is to raise public & media awareness to the processes of discarding and recycling consumer products and packaging, and to point out the possibilities of reducing (or even transforming) one’s personal garbage or trash.

The artwork created for the third RCA festival will be presented (if the artist agrees) in an exhibition taking place in july. We are also planing to put out a catalogue documenting the festival.

Is your artwork made from discarded materials? If so, you should contact us!

We can only consider applications with a portfolio (curriculum vitae and material documenting your work) and a written project description, which should be based on the festival theme.

We cannot accept originals and unique pieces. No applications by email!

A jury will decide upon a selection of 50 artists at the beginning of april 2004.

 Application deadline: march 31st, 2004 (date of postage stamp)
Contact: RestCycling Art10405 Berlin - Germanyfax : 0049.30.24 03 99 23e-mail: info@restcyclingart.comwww.restcyclingart.com

Vlad Nanca

Calea Grivitei 39, Apartament 8, Sector 1, 010703 Bucuresti ROMANIA
Tel +40 21 6504452   /  Fax +40 21 3121311  /  Mobile +40 723 240434