Vlad Nanca on Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:06:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Fwd: The return of the DJ DEMOCRACY...

Note: forwarded message attached.

Vlad Nanca

UK telephone numbers: +44 1392 201305 / +44 7855 219926 (mobile)

Bd Regina Elisabeta 69, Apartamentul 2, Sector 5, Bucuresti ROMANIA
[new] Tel +40 21 6504452 / Fax +40 21 121311 / Mobile +40 723 240434

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger
--- Begin Message ---
Howdy!

Good news – the DJ DEMOCRACY is back, and has found
itself a new home, at EXIT! (What? You still refer to
it as AMSTERDAM GRAND CAFÉ? That’s, like, soooo 2001…)

The re-launch extravaganza will take place on THURSDAY
17th JULY (about a weeks time). Thursday nights are
the new Fridays. It means you can dash to the seaside
at the weekend AND get your weekly Democratic fix of
DJ fame. Around twenty very lucky DJs will get to spin
their stuff on the ‘Dam wheels of steel. Remember that
last time the waiting list to DJ was longer than a
very long thing, so email us, stating your
uncontrollable urge to DJ, as soon as possible.

We’re interested in getting along people who’ve played
before, as well as those who are new to the Democracy,
so don’t worry if you already received your 15 minutes
of DJ fame – at Amsterdam we’ve wiped the slate clean,
and everyone is more than welcome to take to the decks
once again.

Kick-off will be at 10:00, and there’s no referee – no
playlists, no music policy, and no fancy mixing. All
you need is 15 minutes of music…

To add interested friends and family to the mailing
list, reply to this mail stating your chums’
addresses. My Gran was very cross to be left off the
list, and I’m sure yours feels the same. If you want
to unsubscribe from this list, then reply to this
email with a creative expletive taken from the
Romanian language in the subject heading of the email.
And then I’ll send the heavies round to duff you up…

Kisses,
Tom

INTERESTING FACT: One of the first DJ Democrats, the
British Philosopher John Stuart Mill, was a vocal
proponent of the extension of DJ Democracy rights to
women. At the time, the idea of female DJ Democrats
was considered dangerous, since the general feeling
was that they’d only want to play Manele. How things
have changed…