VERSION on Mon, 12 May 2003 09:05:56 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] multiplicity - border counter

> Subject: multiplicity - border counter
> Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 23:07:34 +0200
>
> please circulate. thank you
>

> [ve]01: border counter
>
> call for participation
>

> The dream of a world-space completely fluid and
> passable is maybe the last utopia of the 20th
> century.  The smooth quality supposedly inherent to
> contemporary space though, at a closer look of the
> territory seems to fail.  One of the immediate
> results of global interconnections and movements, in
> fact, appears to be a proliferation of borders,
> security systems, checkpoints, physical and virtual
> frontiers.  This phenomenon can be observed both at
> the micro-level of our surroundings and on the
> macro-scale of global flows.  Borders are, in fact,
> all around us.  They are both conventional and
> geographical, abstract and real, ordinary and
> controversial.  An encompassing view of this
> combination of flows (of people, goods, ideas.) and
> restrictions on a given territory unfolds the
> complexity of both individual and collective
> identities that are, at the same time, constructed
> and diffracted by the experience of border-crossing.
>

> Multiplicity is promoting a research project to
> detect this proliferation of border devices, along
> with its consequences and relations to contemporary
> space and society.
>

> what
>
> [ve]01: border counter is an installation project
> curated by Multiplicity and Officina Plug-in that
> will gather different experiences of
> borders-crossing on a pre-given route: Berlin -
> Venice - Jerusalem.  It will be an on going visual
> atlas and archive on the idea of borders and on the
> processes that are needed to move through them. It
> will be a platform where different views, notions
> and experiences will meet and mingle. It will be a
> collaborative work made of the contributions of
> those who want to respond to this call.
>
> [ve]01: border counter will gather, in this way,
> diverse perspective coming from a number of
> individual positions and personal analysis. It will
> be, at the same time, a fluid critical space, in
> which the idea of border will be both visually and
> critically diffracted and examined.
>

> where
>
> 50th International Art Exhibition of La Biennale di
> Venezia. Utopia Station exhibition. June 12th  -
> November 2nd, 2003.
>

> whom
>
> this call is to all those architects, urban
> planners, artists, photographers, film-makers,
> designers, cultural practitioners who are interested
> in contributing to [ve]01: border counter.
> Multiplicity and Officina Plug-in invite them to
> share their travel notes, film material, visas etc.
> with other traveller-artists in order to build a
> collaborative project that gives a complex view on
> the experience of border-crossing.
>

> how
>
> all the participants are asked to travel through two
> given trajectories: either Berlin / Venice or
> [...]

=====
VERSION CONTEMPORARY ART MAGAZINE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
VERSION 0.2 magazine, pdf download at:
http://www.balkon.ro/issues/nr11/Version02.pdf)))))))))))))))))))))))
Gabriela Vanga, Mircea Cantor, Ciprian Muresan)))))))))))))))))))))))
+++++++++++PLEASE DON'T SEND GRUP MAIL AS 'TO' OR 'CC'+++++++++