Regina Célia Pinto on Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:13:24 +0200 (CEST)

[nettime-lat] Novidades de Abril / Museum of the Essential and Beyond That

News / Museum of the Essential and Beyond ThatAPRIL / NEWS - MUSEUM OF THE
ESSENTIAL AND BEYOND THAT

1- The Museum Newsletter

The newsletter has already its space on the net:
http://arteonline.arq.br/newsletter
Browser the newsletter adress to know the first work chosen. Next MAY 3rd we
will publish the first collaborative review.

2- News at the library / first floor: Articles and Reviews:

2.1-

CRONICA DE UN VIAJE PERFORMATICO AL VIEJO MUNDO by Clemente Padín
Everything started in a November 2003 afternoon when I received a call from
Cardiff, Gales, Gran Bretaña,... (Language: Spanish, the document has
images)

http://www.iis.com.br/~regvampi/museu/ensaios/ensaiosantigos/clemente1.htm

2.2-

LOS ARTISTAS REINTERPRETAN LA BIBLIA, A SHAKESPEARE Y PULGARCITO

La brasileña Regina Celia Pinto adapta la narrativa de Julio Cortázar al
lenguaje hipertextual y a la narrativa visual en 'Viewing Axolotls' by
Roberta Bosco Y Stefano Caldana

"Viewing Axolotls", electronic book, which belongs to Library of Marvels
(Museum of the Essential and Beyond That / first floor) deserved a review
published in Cyberp@is / El Pais. (Language: Spanish, the document has
images)

Numerous net.artists in their search of new languages are inspired by the
poetic of authors widely known to propose an unpublished and creative
approach to their works.
According to the Brazilian artist Regina Celia Pinto, the Magic Realism and
the narrative structure of the Argentinean Julio Cortazar adapt perfectly to
the possibilities of hypertextual language and visual narrative. In order to
demonstrate she has launched "Viewing Axolotls.", where the protagonist is
transformed into one of the small Mexican salamanders of almost
prehistoric characteristics that give title to the book. Viewing Axolotls is
part of the Library of Marvels, an artist's books collection on the net,
that uses different kind of electronic narrative to reflect on the impact of
technology in Literature."

http://www.iis.com.br/~regvampi/museu/ensaios/ensaiosantigos/elpais1.htm

2.3-

THE NEOCONCRETE MOVIMENT by Regina Célia Pinto (English Version) (The
document has not images.)

http://www.iis.com.br/~regvampi/museu/ensaios/ensaiosantigos/neoconcrete.htm

O MOVIMENTO NEOCONCRETO por Regina Célia Pinto (Portuguese Version) (Sem
imagens)

"We split from the Concrete Group from São Paulo because they wanted to
create a ten-year plan for future work. The Rio group thought this was
taking rationalism to the extreme. We wanted to work intuitively but freely.
We exchanged a great deal of information, but there was also a certain
impregnation, to the extent that one person conversed with another. The
NeoConcrete (movement) did not arise by chance, nor was it something we
developed and then started working on. We were led to it by our previous
experiments..."

http://www.iis.com.br/~regvampi/museu/ensaios/ensaiosantigos/neoconcreto.htm