Anonymous on Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:19:48 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Warez installation art

[ Installation Art ]

Installation Art is a project that tries to combine the natural artistic
talents of the online underground and the technology of the ICAs New Media
Centre.

Warez, (otherwise know as unlicensed software) have been used from the
begining of the micro computer revolution as a means of creating dynamic
and diverse communities and as a way of unofficial arts distribution. Much
early computer art was created and distributed by the burgening computer
underground before the mainstream art movement had even conceived of the
digital artisan.

This projects seeks to recreate the halcyon days of computer art by
creating and facilitating a modern day warez server and letting the now
extensive online public enjoy what was only available to the obsessed but
massively creative computer fanatics of the eighties and early nineties.

We hope you'll participate in this online arts event by uploading and
downloading software, creating our own virtual warez based community and
also we hope, sparking some of the creative genius that started with the
unsung hackers and slackers of the microcomputer revolution.

pc8.newmediacentre.com      login: ftp     password: joshua