Mark Dery on Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:37:07 +0100 (MET)

<nettime> Proprietary Rights

John Perry Barlow wrote:

>I would say that anyone out there gleefully writing our obituary

might want

to hold off.

"Our?"  The journalist in me raises an eyebrow over your

proprietary tone, here as elsewhere, John.  Is this just a matter

of closing ranks with fellow travellers, or are you more than a

spiritual shareholder in Wired Ventures?  Inquiring minds want to

know.

---