Alan Jennifer Sondheim on Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:58:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> ZKP4. "2 keywords for the digital text: object and protocol"

You might want to look at the first section of my Internet Text material,
at either of the first 2 URLs below; I deal with address/recognition/pro-
tocol as primary positioning of virtual subjectivity in CMC. My theoreti-
cal approach is fairly wild, however.

MOO protocol is also of interest here, since there _are_ parent/child and
even embedded mythological relationships; as you know, everything ascends
or descends in a regulated object-number hierarchy. I don't find this in
the lpmud I've reassembled or in talkers; it's very Unix-like in its org-
anization, and the MOO itself can be considered as the operating system of
a virtual machine.

Alan Sondheim

MIRROR: http://www.anu.edu.au/english/internet_txt/ TEL 718-857-3671
IMAGES: http://www.cs.unca.edu/~davidson/pix/  Editor, BEING ON LINE
CUSEEME 166.84.250.149 ADDRESS: 432 Dean St., Brooklyn, NY, 11217

---