Martin Donner on Mon, 7 Feb 2022 02:05:07 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> CfP: Critical reflections on pandemic politics:, left-wing, feminist and anti-racist critiques

To me the vaccine passport fear doesn’t make much sense too, to be honest.

As Mr. S told us – „if they wanna get you, they get you in time“ – a hundred times before they need any vaccine passport. I cannot understand the upset bout this. I have established a (hopefully) safe pgp mail contact with 3 people within 10 or 15 years. And I know dozens or even more people who know about the dangers of mailing without. Nobody cares although in fact it’s installed within 10min, no big deal.

And even if one has „nothing to hide“ it would be a help for all those having to hide something because they’re fighting for human rights haunted by regimes and so on. The more would use it the harder it would become to track those who use it because they need it. Almost everybody knows that but already that little effort of solidarity seems to be too much for most. I assume because it’s „unconvenient“.

But when it comes to one’s own personal sensible health data regarding one single aspect which is helpful for the whole community then alarm bells shrill. Seems not to be balanced to me. Seems not to be any kind of argument but one which is mainly concerned about disadvantages for oneself. If you want so neoliberal regime starts right there: to take care about one’s own concerns but not about those of others. Protecting my sensible data is important…

Not to speak about GAFAM apps on phones of those who safe my phone number and stuff like that. Almost nobody cares about stuff like this which is really fascinating to me. Or the new European passport with fingerprints and some nice RFID and what the hell chips in it (they indeed explode if you put them into a microwave :). That’s how criminals were treated only some years ago. Now everybody has to. And the anxiety is almost null in comparison with the vaccine passport. Except for some reports from CCC or the like. But I can see no big discourse bout it.