Joseph Rabie on Tue, 19 Jan 2021 18:33:49 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Left Needs a New Strategy

Here is a "guerrilla" tactic that might put an end to this.

As many people as possible post to the thread. They mention words such as "China", "Stalin", "Hong Kong", "Gulag", "Uyghur" in a vaguely litigious manner. Since Dmytri apparently feels obliged to reply (verbosely and repetitively) to every perceived slight, he will go into literary overdrive, and at some point, drop with exhaustion.

Joe.

On 19/01/2021 13:01, Dmytri Kleiner wrote:
On 2021-01-19 07:16, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:

However, as we all know, the government of China enjoys broad support
from it's people.

After all, by every measure they are doing better
than we are in terms of getting what they want from their government.

I'm not in the "we" group of your first statement, and I doubt the
second.

"since the start of the survey in 2003, Chinese citizen satisfaction with government has increased virtually across the board. From the impact of broad national policies to the conduct of local town officials, Chinese citizens rate the government as more capable and effective than ever before. Interestingly, more marginalized groups in poorer, inland regions are actually comparatively more likely to report increases in satisfaction"

-- Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation, Harvard University [1]

This is widely known, confirmed by many studies such as this one from Harvard.