Prem Chandavarkar on Mon, 4 Nov 2019 05:42:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook

About eight and a half months ago I quit Facebook  and  all social  media.  My reasons are given here:
https://medium.com/@premckar/a-farewell-to-social-media-33db26074498

Having said that, I echo the sentiments expressed by many in response to your question: namely that Facebook is a highly flawed system, but useful in many aspects.  So it must be a platform that must be viewed with a critical discernment, and not taken too seriously at times.  I still miss some of the  benefits people have listed in this thread, but the sum total still made me quit.  So as I note at the end of my essay, if it was a farewell, it was a restless farewell.

Best,
Prem