David Garcia on Fri, 4 Oct 2019 19:41:46 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Moving On- Beyond the Evidence..The Rise of Evidentiary Realism

Hi Simona,
yes I see your point. And I very much respect the work you have done with the illegal art practitioners.
And I understand the link you are making. I am happy to reflect and re-draft the article on my blog to
better reflect reality.. that is after all the good thing about nettime’s ancient but valuable method of
“collaborative text filtering”..

But I do think that there is a difference in emphasis between Illegal art and what I wanted speak about in this text.
The purpose of the article was to examine and question whether the Evidentiary art movement has the power to
confront wider epistemic (knowledge) crisis that is being exploited by the far right.

I further wanted to link this movement to opportunities to help build an inclusive ‘knowledge democracy’ by locating where
knowledge and power actually connect in the regulatory regimes that are outside of the formal public realm.

I also wanted to highlight some of my doubts about what could be seen as the dangers of a rather
narrow empiricism that could be seen as embedded within that movement

Correct me if I am wrong but that seems a bit different to the important tactical combative approach of the illegal art that
you have championed for a long time. Important but different..  But definitely I need to think further and harder to see if I really
am missing something.. which is likely.

Best

David