intertwilight on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:43:52 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> please read - and how can this possibly be combatted?

True, it's not about FB per se (although they definitely are lax and problematic in the implementation of their own policies and guidelines) but about the way people use the platforms (just as text, posters, radio, tv etc in the past and present). Whether the NYT article is trustworthy, accurate etc or not is another discussion. The issue of using social media in conflict situations is real (in many different ways) and those that are the most savvy in their use have the potential to be effective influencers ... either for conflict mitigation or its exacerbation. I simply wanted to point out some tools and resources for conflict mitigation that are being used or developed.

cheers,

stephen

please read - and how can this possibly be combatted?