Jaromil on Sun, 25 Mar 2018 10:53:05 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Please show some conscience

dear olia,

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018, olia lialina wrote:

> But leaving singularity and naive me aside... this change in jargon
> is more than a trend. Meaningless, inconsistent, but persistent
> substitute of computational terms, processes and products with "AI"
> is how IT industry is protecting themselves from
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_explanation

I believe is not just a protective attitude if you consider it always
comes with a fanfare of "innovation" and "e-culture" and "cultural
industries" scams then is easy to realise these are aggressive
stances.

> and any other attempts to ask questions. AI noise is how silicon
> valley is working on alibi, getting ready to shift the blame for
> everything what goes wrong onto "emancipated machine intellect". I
> am sure we will here this argument in court.

After a few more desasters I agree this will all be debated in court
rather than in labs. In my recent publication I've dedicated a fair
amount of attention on the subject, connected to Caroline Nevejan's