Brian Holmes on Tue, 12 Jan 2016 23:20:51 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> aaaaarg lawsuit flood fund

dear nettimers, dear everyone,

You may or may not know them personally, but Sean Dockray and Marcell
Mars are at the heart of our extended community. Who's the we? Quite
simply, anyone who has desired to participate.

Knowledge was supposed to be the oil of the 21st century. Despite the
fact that oil came back to fill its sorry role, a few people have
tirelessly and quite joyfully pursued the process of making utopia into
reality. These are two such persons. They are network infrastructure
providers for the unbordered tribe of downloaders and uploaders. Thanks
to them, we can read, we can know, we can breathe, we can share ideas.
Now they're under attack from some megalomaniacal individual who
publishes revolutionary literature and apparently believes in capitalism
unto the death of the human species. To defend Sean and Marcell is to
defend our eyes, our minds, our tongues, our hearts and to increase the
remaining chances of making that belief untrue.

Recently Marcell wrote that it's "obvious what are the actions, it's
download/upload." OK, so let's upload: 10, 100, or 1000 each for
starters, depends on your currency, your bank account and who desires to
participate. Total is already about double what they asked for and maybe
an order of magnitude below what they could easily need. I am confident
of two things: 1. victory and, 2. any surplus will be well used!

in solidarity, Brian

http://gofundme.com/aaaaarg