David Mandl on Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:38:38 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> FCC chairman personally grants exemption from obscenity rules to patriots

...or maybe all people who "speak from the heart."

-------------------

=
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/fcc-chair-endorses-red-sox-f-b=
omb

Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz got the Federal Communications =
Commission's seal of approval after he dropped an F-bomb in a pre-game =
speech that was broadcast on live television. Ortiz's R-rated remarks =
were delivered on the field at Fenway Park before the first Red Sox home =
game since Monday's bombing at the Boston Marathon.=20

"This is our fucking city," Ortiz said. "And nobody gonna dictate our =
freedom. Stay strong. Thank you."

The FCC regulates "obscenity, indecency and profanity" on radio and =
television and often issues fines for on-air swearing. However, FCC =
Chairman Julius Genachowski issued a statement of support for Ortiz on =
the agency's official Twitter account after the game.

"David Ortiz spoke from the heart at today's Red Sox game. I stand with =
Big Papi and the people of Boston," Genachowski wrote.

--
Dave Mandl
dmandl@panix.com