Patrice Riemens on Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:38:43 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Last week's massive DDoS attack?

Gruezi mitenand,

Lol! While Brian's question resonates with the usual assumptions about
an alleged, and allegedly unitary 'Dutch hackers' movement, Sacha's
answer reflects the trademark Dutch argumentative rudeness, something
that is not alleged - and very unitary.

This being said, 'Dautch hackers', or what passes for the such, are
probably far too busy with their own storrm in a teacup:

http://www.puscii.nl/blog/content/whats-wrong-kids-these-days

(don't miss the comments, esp by Jacob Appelbaum, aka @ioerror)

And as far as the cyberbunker is concerned, it's a non-event at
source: pissed-of maverick entrepreneur (*) turns sorcerer's
apprentice and launches a DDoS attack that gets totally
out-of-control. The interesting part are not the origins, but the
outcomes: 'our' Internet is even more shacky than we thought.
'Unstable media' (-V2.org) anyone?

Cheers from Breyell, p+4D!

(*) http://cyberbunker.com/web/index.php
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyberBunker