Morlock Elloi on Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:04:13 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> What's in a name? That which we call Communism, by any other name, would be suppressed just the same.

Just from the point of view of systems control theory, it seems that communism, as described, is not a closed system. There has to be an external entity who controls it.

Simply put, a system whose units are the only actors, is closed, self-regulating. In this case, it means that smart, greedy and ruthless will tend to fuck over the weak, stupid and meek, sustainably and in large numbers.

Save any Brave New World cloning, system with today's mix of individuals where 'all are equal' requires external control (I'd like communism if I get to be this external control.)

BTW, communism in the first world has already been achieved - the 99% are rather equal among themselves. But you gotta have Politburo.