Henning-stout, Sara - Oxford on Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:07:54 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> 'Networks Without a Cause' by Geert Lovink

Good afternoon,

I am writing to tell you about our new book 'Networks Without a Cause'
by Geert Lovink. Geert has requested that I send you a press release
for this book which I have included below. If you are interested in
receiving a review copy of this book, would like any more information
or perhaps are interested in having Geert at a forthcoming event
please do not hesitate to contact me.

With best wishes,

Sara

Sara Henning-Stout
Marketing Assistant

Polity

Networks Without a Cause
A Critique of Social Media
Geert Lovink

http://politybooks.com/book.asp?ref=9780745649672

"This book proposes a new kind of memory for the computer:
counter-memory, revisiting recent pasts, deep presents and near-miss
futures, always challenging us to ask of, and to invent, the nature of
networks."

Matthew Fuller, Centre for Cultural Studies, Goldsmiths, University of
London

"Geert Lovink is our Tin Tin. Like that canny adventurer, he travels
the world discovering new frontiers of both folly and invention. In
place of Tin Tin's trusty dog Snowy, he takes with him a quick wit and
independent mind. He has a detective's eye for the real story behind
the bright assurances of twenty-first-century networked culture."

McKenzie Wark, professor of culture and media, The New School, and
author of Gamer Theory

Publishing February 2012 - 240 pages

?15.99 - PB 978-0-7456-4968-9

For more information, interviews and review copy requests contact
Sara Henning-Stout
shenningst@wiley.com<mailto:shenningst@wiley.com>
+44 (0) 1865 476146

Visit us on Facebook http://polity.msgfocus.com/c/1PJfqtDG0eEIEZurVthn