office/gallery on Wed, 26 May 2010 10:46:12 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> "Critical strategies in art and media" gets it wrong

I rather like the idea of comparing the 20's to the 60's/70's. But I don't agree that there was *no* major leftist protest movement.  The labor movement was very strong.  There was an anti-war movement against WWI and there was a position against the draft.  If you dug around enough you could probably find a comparable tragedy to Kent State in there.  I'm thinking about corporations like AT&T buying libraries for major universities and teaching union busting management tactics.  There must have been a student backlash that just passed unnoticed...