kranenbu on Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:31:53 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Carry On (was: Paul Krugman etc)

hi Ted,

sorry it was out before i could stop it! Yes, I just wanted to say I
realize how tainted these sources are, the second one is even worse.
You're very right on that.

It is just that I keep seeing these urgencies. A friend of mine just came
back from Detroit with pictures of an abandoned police station with
fingerprints, mugshots, 'evidence' all over the floor. Not even the
decency the police has these days to burn the the place down before
leaving it.  That is what you get when the traces of people become more
important for the people working in the system then the people themselves,
in the end the become the objective allies of those wanting to change it,
as we all get fed up by the blatant injustices and the rhetoric of a man
who talks about just wars when accepting a prize for peace,

greetings from chilly Ghent, Rob

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 kranenbu@xs2.xs4all.nl wrote:

> so?
> i was born paranoid.
>
> > You might want to consult Herr Doktor Google to find out a bit about Cato
> > and the Washington Times. A quick perusal of the "Renew America" site puts
> > them squarely in the paleo-conservative racial apocalypse fantasy camp:
 <...>