Flick Harrison on Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:37:16 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Collaborative Art Technology Programs

Hi there nettime,

I imagine many folks here have plenty of knowledge about the following.

I'm on the Digital Arts faculty of a large extra-curricular kid /
teen art school in Vancouver called Arts Umbrella.  I'm working to
conceive / propose a teaching project that uses collaborative
technology in the art classroom, whether for digital arts, dance,
music, architecture, theatre, cartooning, or some combination thereof.

Does anyone know of such a project they've had good experience with,
or that looks interesting?  Something that might provide a good model
of challenging the kids, bringing out the artist in them?  A program
that artists, teachers, or kids would look at and say, "I wish WE had
a program like that?"

What I'm conceiving is either a short (1-3 week) intensive class, or
perhaps one or more 12-week after-school / weekend courses.  I'm more
interested in technology that lets the kids collaborate together,
rather than simply innovation in the teacher-student relationship.

This is us:

http://www.artsumbrella.com

Looking forward to feedback from the nettime braintrust.