Heiko Recktenwald on Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:46:23 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> What has copyright to do with democracy?

Miles Nordin schrieb:

>     >> Your basis for the statement ``your argument that copyright is
>     >> a monopoly is weak'' is ``you could say property is a monopoly
>     >> exclusionary toward thieves.''
>
>     hr> Dont attack me for simplifying things
>
> oh fantastic!  Don't post what I wrote.  Just let Heiko take what I
> said in however abbreviated a context he likes and use it as a
> springboard for his own rant.

Cool down, please! I like your battle against copyright, but I dont like
your language (and I dont like P2P). Dont speak of democracy when you
are talking about anarchy. Words have a meaning, thats all. One day you
may need the original meaning or society may need it. Ask somebody about
democracy in some years and he will answer: "Ah, free mp3s".

How is: "Copyright is not accepted by many anymore today, they dont care
about the law and do what they want"?

Best, H.