Miles Nordin on Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:40:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> What has copyright to do with democracy?

    hr> On and to Miles, who is not Linus like Linus Pauling: Miles
    hr> Nordin schrieb:

lovely attitude.

    >> Your basis for the statement ``your argument that copyright is
    >> a monopoly is weak'' is ``you could say property is a monopoly
    >> exclusionary toward thieves.''

    hr> Dont attack me for simplifying things

oh fantastic!  Don't post what I wrote.  Just let Heiko take what I
said in however abbreviated a context he likes and use it as a
springboard for his own rant.  But still attribute it to me anyway so
it appears as though I'm participating in the discussion, just have
really weak and incomplete ideas.  makes me feel so welcome and
appreciated!

I'll think twice before submitting any reply to your list again, and
if I reply privately to someone in the future I'll make it clear my
quotes are not to be used publicly.

I didn't do that this time, so I'm not saying you've been
disreputable.  Instead I'm explaining what effect your conduct can
have on discussion.  It's one thing when someone else thinks I'm less
interesting than I do---I can handle that---but being converted into a
punching bag or a foil by posting only the responses to what I say, is
just not on.