Matze Schmidt on Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:11:58 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Google INC. vs Wisdomized Clouds

hi,

hm, isn't google just a service people are paying for? paying here would
mean:

- taxes for states who support companies (like google) with subventions

- things you buy via google

- the circled money which comes to advertising agencies putting ads on
  google

etc.

all this, esp. the last pont, leads to another model of "social income"
and its circles of reproduction, an other model of society instead of
consumerism and control society (it's not the whip anymore since ~200
years, not just since foucault/deleuze) and a total other concept of the
worker. as 'we' are not (like toffler propheted) prosumers, but still
workers free of production means (see the "pro", in the word
"prosumers") and free to sell our labor for wages - workers for values
to flow into machines like google. we produce what we consume. but we
pay for what we have produced. that's the crazyness at first glance. and
conditions for this 'we' are - thesis - _still proletarian_ and not
_self-empowered but stupid_.