Peter Burgess on Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:50:31 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> <incom> Fwd: www.theglobalvote.org

Dear Colleagues

Mark has observed that he would recommend strongly against joining in
in part because of their interest in personal data and the fact of no
disclosure about privacy policy.

Did I visit the same site? I found information about their privacy
policy and I found details of an advisory board and staff that was
quite complete, including email addresses.

On the negative side: ... I could not find a street address or
telephone number and a brochure in English refused to download.

My view of this site is less negative in terms of pulling in marketing
information than Mark's assessment

But my view of its value is probably more pessimistic. The established
institutions have demonstrated their ability to change at the pace of
a glacier before global warming. They will not be phased by this
initiative.

Sincerely

Peter Burgess
--
Peter Burgess

On Dec 2, 2007 3:18 AM, mark bartlett <mark@globalpostmark.net> wrote:

> i have to say that, after going to this site, i would recommend
> strongly against it because it asks for all the information that
> telemarketers do. With having even their disclosure about privacy
> rights.... all a wash in any case. Voting is based on anonymity, no?
 <...>