mark bartlett on Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:38:44 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> <incom> Fwd: www.theglobalvote.org

i have to say that, after going to this site, i would recommend
strongly against it because it asks for all the information that
telemarketers do. With having even their disclosure about privacy
rights.... all a wash in any case. Voting is based on anonymity, no?

the way this site offers itself, it could be a direct feed in to the
US-Stassi surveillance system.

too bad, because a global vote system could be a very powerful tool
for social change.

how does this kind of post get onto this list?

mark bartlett, phd.