Geert Lovink on Thu, 5 May 2005 12:28:52 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Ben Edelman nominated for the nettime price 2005

This guy should be nominated for the 2005 global awards for net criticism:
Ben Edelman. Read all about his research on http://www.benedelman.org/. He
is deconstructing spyware.

Declan's story on news,com. Read his interview with Ben Edelman!

http://news.com.com/Spying+on+the+spyware+makers/2008-1012
-5694455.html?part=dtx&tag=ntop&tag=nl.e703

Here one of Edelman's postings to Declan's politech list:

Subject: Investors Supporting Spyware
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:41:33 -0500
From: Ben Edelman <edelman@law.harvard.edu>
To: 'Declan McCullagh' <declan@well.com>

Declan,

I thought you might get a kick out of a page I just posted.  I've made a
list of major US companies in the spyware business as I define it
(tracking and/or collecting sensitive information, either without notice
and consent or without meaningful notice and informed consent), along with
the investors who have provided these companies with, by my count, at
least $139 million of venture funding.

    Investors Supporting Spyware
    <http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/investors/>