nettime's help desk on Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:45:25 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Help! [3x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Help!
     intertwilight <kovats@intertwilight.net>

   Re: <nettime> Help!
     Ian Dickson <ian@iand.demon.co.uk>

   Re: <nettime> Help!
     "porculus" <porculus@wanadoo.fr>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:15:26 +0200
From: intertwilight <kovats@intertwilight.net>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Help!

Dear Doug,

this is quite a thread  you're threatening ... perhaps your profs should
revisit any major art event of the past ... 30, 40 or ... 80 years? Perhaps
they should think of the arts of telecommunications as really the art of
Modernism (wireless technology, medium is message, open systems ...) perhaps
take a short bumble along the infra-thin ... ? Perhaps they are only
challenging you to define your stance on modernism as a space within
telecommunications?

- -s

>  hi,
>
>  I have been a great fan of nettime for a number of years but never
>  contributed. I am currently writing a Masters dissertation on Bob
>  Adrians World in 24Hrs and would like to start a thread to help me
>  through the angst I am suffering. My profs at university are adament

[...]