edmar on Fri, 9 May 2003 16:04:33 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> [IRAQ] (fwd) War Digest 2.6

War Digest 2.6
May 9,2003
"When fascism aestheticises politics, communism responds by politicising
art." - Walter Benjamin, 'Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction'

///

Bush supports  terrorist group in Iraq. The war on terror continues.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/050703C.shtml

//

If haven't alreaady  read Senator Byrd's response to Bush's Aircraft carrier
War Porn  you got to read this..
Bush Used Military as a Stage Prop
http://www.counterpunch.org/byrd05072003.html

//

The unspoken truth is that behind the bloody conquest of Iraq is the
conquest of us all: of our minds, our humanity and our self-respect at the
very least. If we say and do nothing, victory over us is assured.
- john Pilger.
http://www1.iraqwar.ru/iraq-read_article.php?articleId=4840&lang=en

//

Interesting analysis worth reading:
An Economic Perspective On The War
It's Not About Oil Or Iraq.
It's About The US And Europe Going
Head-To-Head On World Economic Dominance.

http://warmoney2003.tripod.com/

//

More war crimes trial material

Vice President Cheney's company, Halliburton linked to deals with 'axis of
evil' This asshole made milions doing bizness with saddam hussein.
http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=565&fArticleId=142210

//

Liberation, one month on: Chaos on the streets, cholera in the city and
killings in broad daylight
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=404493

//

Troops Overstretched on Iraq Security -US Officials
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The top U.S. officials in Iraq (news - web sites)
acknowledged on Thursday troops were overstretched in parts of the country
and looters and revenge killers were taking advantage of the postwar power
vacuum.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030508/ts_nm/iraq_securi
ty_dc_2

No evidence of plan to use banned weapons in war
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/08/1052280379817.html

//

It's been nearly a month since Baghdad fell, and most potential WMD sites
have not been visited
http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=654

/

Fascist nominates Bush and Blair for Nobel Peace Prize
http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/reuters05-08-071900.asp?reg=MIDEAST

(puke)

//

After a month, U.S. losing credibility in Iraq
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/iraq/0503/08irmonth.html

WAR AT HOME :: //

Bush Cover-up of the 9/11 cover-up investigation
"President Bush¹s chief lawyer has privately signaled that the White House
may seek to invoke executive privilege over key documents relating to the
attacks in order to keep them out of the hands of investigators for the
National Commission on Terror Attacks Upon the United States‹the independent
panel created by Congress to probe all aspects of 9-11."

\> http://www.msnbc.com/news/910676.asp

//

Senator graham knows something about 9-11 and bush!!
Libertarian tough guy give the low-down.
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j050903.html

//

Senate broadens powerful U.S. terror surveillance law
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/05/08/nationa
l1929EDT0770.DTL

//

The State really believes they will have to fight an army of terrorists here
at home. They have a military command center, Northcom, to scare the shit
out of us.
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030526&s=dreyfuss
//

This article will help you lefties  talk to dumb people..

Banter with "Fricken Idiots"
Evil is as Evil Does
http://www.counterpunch.com/zepezauer05082003.html

//
And...
Move On is starting a Stop the Media Monopoly campaign
http://www.moveon.org/stopthefcc/?id=1344-1242898-UH346Y8T9bNdTcCCgZdAMQ

//

You or someone you knew put you on the lumpen buddy list.
If you want to stop the deluge just email ed@lumpen.com and please type
"take me off your list" in the subject line.

http://www.lumpen.com

"Fascism is an extreme right-wing ideology which embraces nationalism as the
transcendent value of society. The rise of Fascism relies upon the
manipulation of populist sentiment in times of national crisis. Based on
fundamentalist revolutionary ideas, Fascism defines itself through intense
xenophobia, militarism, and supremacist ideals. Although secular in nature,
Fascism's emphasis on mythic beliefs such as divine mandates, racial
imperatives, and violent struggle places highly concentrated power in the
hands of a self-selected elite from whom all authority flows to lesser
elites, such as law enforcement, intellectuals, and the media."

- BEN TRIPP paraphrasing Mussolini's diary.