nettime's_moot_court on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:55:41 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> AWPL digest [adam, __, hardie]

Re: Should Open SOurce Developers help the US prepare for War..???!
     adam <adam@xs4all.nl>
     ". __ ." <mail_box@gmx.net>
     Martin Hardie <auskadi@cwpanama.net>

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:47:17 +0100 (CET)
From: adam <adam@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: Should Open SOurce Developers help the US prepare for War..???!

this is a really interesting idea, its seems to me somehow similar to
the 'no hate language' clause that many apply informally to limiting
freedom of speech...

a 'not for military use' clause as part of the GPL?

hmmm...a double edged sword....

adam

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, . __ . wrote:

> The idea is somehow absurd... but in the end it is open source, which
 <...>

Adam Hyde
The Streaming Suitcase

Free as in 'media'