Benjamin Geer on Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:46:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> the language of tactical media

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 1:53 am, "N Jett" wrote:
> Ah yes... Parecon... no longer shall we have surgeons and janitors,
> instead there is just the person who takes out your trash, and your
> appendix (and gets paid more for the trash because surgery is
> "glamorous").

This is a misreading of parecon.  You wouldn't get paid more for the trash,
and glamour isn't a consideration.

> His "Balanced Job Complex" idea seems like a very unfunny
> joke to me.

Scorn, on its own, is a very weak argument against anything.  If you want to
argue convincingly against balanced job complexes, you'll have to do better
than that.

> The whole "committees to decide absolutely everything"
> concept

This is a gross misrepresentation of parecon.

If you have objections to parecon, and you are really interested in thinking
through the issues involved, I suggest that you try reading Albert's and
Hahnel's replies to their critics on www.parecon.org; it may well be that
your objections are answered there.

Ben