Ron Day on Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:30:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Steve Wright's book, _Storming Heaven: Class Composition and Struggle in Italian Autonomist Marxism_

My apologies for cross-postings.  I haven't seen an announcement of the
following on this list or on some of the other related lists that I am on.

Particularly for the English speakers and readers on this list, you may be
interested to know that Steve Wright's book, _Storming Heaven: Class
Composition and Struggle in Italian Autonomist Marxism_ appeared a few
months ago from Pluto Press.  It is an important publication because, to my
knowledge, this is the first comprehensive history in English of the Italian
autonomist workerist movements, a series of movements that have parallels in
the current day of globalization and digitalization.  The book is both a
history of the movements and an analysis of central texts, and I have found
it full of information and insightful analyses.  A history was sorely needed
in English, and this book serves that purpose and much more.

Ron Day